You know this blend as the popular “thieves’ oil,” but do you know the intriguing story behind it?
Sources say that four spice and perfume merchants in 15th century France used the oil to protect themselves from the Black Plague, allowing them to steal from the sick and dying without contracting the highly-contagious virus.
We use the same oils (clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary) as these legendary “bandits,” and we add several other herbal essential oils to boost the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties of this blend.
Bandit’s Oil is a powerful immune booster that has gotten us through everything from mild sniffles to full-blown illness.
Why we love it
- Lessens the severity and duration of illness
- Highly concentrated
- Versatile- can be used many ways (see below)
- If one family member is sick, we all start using it to prevent sickness from spreading.
How we use it
- Start using this blend as soon as you notice initial symptoms.
- Twice daily, dilute 6 drops (adults) or 3 drops (children) in a carrier oil, like olive oil or coconut oil.
- Massage into soles of feet and put socks on, allowing the oil to absorb.
- Diffuse 10-15 drops into the air using an essential oil diffuser.
- Add a few drops to the outside of your vacuum cleaner bag before vacuuming the house.
- Cautions: Always dilute this blend in carrier oil before using on skin. Not meant for children 3 and under. Keep out of reach of children. Wash hands well after use, and avoid face and eyes.